Monday, July 5, 2010

Bleached T-Shirt

Once upon a time, I ruined a shirt I LOVED by apparently bringing it in contact with bleach. AH! There were random pink splotches all over it. I was ready to throw it away when I thought: "Why not add MORE bleach!" (The thought totally came to me in a moment like those new Windows 7 commercials... it was great.) I figured, even if it didn't turn out, it would at least be fun. Unfortunately, I got a little carried away with my "fun" and attempted to bleach a hippo on the bottom left with a stencil. Note: bleach is a liquid and will therefore spread as it is soaked up by fabric... DUH! Then, since the hippo turned out to be a BIG white splotch, I thought I needed to add more big white splotches to match. When all was said and done, I decided to give the shirt to my cousin, Jaimee, because her favorite color is purple and she likes to wear cool stuff like this. The end. Moral of the story: QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment