Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cell Cycle Foldable

Last foldable from my Student Project Display post... Below is the cell cycle foldable that students created while learning about mitosis. They really enjoyed this one. I think because it required a little less artistic work than the others, yet still left room for some decorative creativity (aka doodling).

Students were given a half sheet of paper with both the directions and a rubric, as well as 2 halves of a white 12" x 18" piece of construction paper, cut lengthwise. Then they went to work, doing their artsy magic. I've posted the direction and rubric handout here.




And that's it. Like I said, this foldable required less artistic work. Many students drew arrows between phases, created borders of chromosomes, etc. And it looks great displayed on a classroom wall!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I'm also a middle school science teacher (I teach both 8th and 7th grades, too!) and found lots of your classroom stuff on Pinterest. Your kids are lucky to have you as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love ur blog...thanks so much i am a very uncreative person..but meet ur gorgeous blog is really helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for template. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! this is an awesome activity :)

    ReplyDelete