Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cells Foldable

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have received several emails requesting templates for the foldables shown in my Student Project Display post. Most of those emails specifically request a template for the Cells Foldable shown below. Again, I don't have a template, but I can walk you through a tutorial of how to make the foldable. Remember, my students were AMAZING so they were able to create these images all on their own...

Students were given the following check list and grading rubric.

Step 1: Holding an 8 1/2" x 11" paper horizontally, fold both ends in so they meet, but do not overlap.

Step 2: Draw, color, and label the outside left flap as a plant cell and the outside right flap as an animal cell. OR use the following template pre-printed for students to color and label.


Step 3: With your paper flat (flaps open), you will have three sections formed by your folds. The far left section will be for plant cell differences, the far right section for animal cell differences, and the center for similarities between plant and animal cells. In each of these sections, cell organelles will be listed and defined.


And that's it! Easy peasy! Again, if your students are not AMAZING artists like mine were, just use the template included above.

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! These kids are amazing! I am very impressed. I happened by as I was researching foldables for my 3rd grader who is NOT an artist at all! ;) I used to love to draw in school, and illustrated most of my college science notes. Somewhere over the last 20 years, I've lost it. Helping my son with lapbooks (we homeschool) might be just the thing to get my inner artist back. Not that I was nearly this good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. makhia from winterboroTuesday, September 17, 2013

    wow amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this site is fenomal

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love the way it covers facts learned, as well as incorporates the compare/contrast feature. All in one! Smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this! Brilliant idea, I'm going to use the Cells fold-up in my lesson tomorrow!! Rebecca x x

    ReplyDelete