Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cookie Mix in a Jar

My friend, Heather, and her husband, Alex, just bought and moved into their first home together. Congratulations, Heather and Alex! As a housewarming gift, I put together a cookie mix... Nothing says home like the smell of fresh baked cookies! I layered all of the dry ingredients in a quart-sized glass jar, then included the recipe for the remaining wet ingredients and baking instructions. Of course, I decorated the jar and a bag to carry the jar. Heather's favorite color is purple, so I went with that. Below are the pictures...


For the bag: I typed up the recipe, printed on cardstock, then backed with patterned paper. I actually attached it with photo tape (you know, the kind that is sort of removable), that way she can remove the recipe and reuse the bag if she likes. Then I included a wooden spoon for cuteness and practicality. Who knows? She may not have a spoon.

 


For the jar: I calculated and layered the dry ingredients for my recipe (Note on calculating: Since I was using a quart-sized jar, I had to calculate so as to fill the jar perfectly with my dry ingredients. Luckily! The recipe called for exactly 2 quarts of dry ingredients. No problem! I cut the recipe in half. Other recipes may not be that easy, though.). Then I used a 2" circle punch to make a tag on cardstock and tied it onto the jar with a bow. As cute as the layering is, I think next time I'll break up the flour and oats into more layers.


For the lid: I used that same 2"circle punch, but this time I punched from sticker paper (I always have full page sticker paper on hand... usually used for water bottle labels) and stamped with my "yummy" stamp. Viola! Happy crafting!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment