Sunday, August 7, 2011

Owl Old Are You?

Ha! I crack myself up! Today is my Uncle Rich's birthday. Happy Birthday, Uncle Rich! He's a wise old owl (It's okay, I can call him old). So I made him an owl card. This is the uncle that when I was young and would complain about being hungry (who are we kidding, I still complain about being hungry!), he would say "nice to meet you, Hungry." He's a funny guy.



To Make: First, stamp two owls (Punch Bunch stamp set from Stampin Up!) onto white cardstock. Carefully cut out one entire owl, then just the wings from the second owl. Next, cut wood patterned paper to 4" x 5 1/4', punch out a 2" circle using a circle punch, then glue it onto white cardstock cut just a smidge bigger than the patterned paper (4 1/8" x 5 3/8" ). Glue the owl into the white portion of the circle and layer the wings. Using a scrap of kraft carstock, punch out a 2" circle and cut (or use a slightly larger punch) around the scrap that now has a 2" hole. Glue to outline the hole on the wood patterned paper, then glue the entire piece onto kraft cardstock. Last, tie a knot using green ribbon... Does anyone else feel like I just wasted my breath? Oh, well. Happy crafting (if you're still reading)!

No comments:

Post a Comment