Friday, April 27, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes

We do Friday Treats at work and last week it was my pod's turn... I brought Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing. I'll be honest, I cheated a bit on this one. The cinnamon rolls are store bought, but the icing is still homemade!


Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes Recipe:

Place individual cinnamon rolls (NOT jumbo size) into cupcake liners in muffin tins. I bought Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (3 packages of 8 rolls) and they fit perfectly. Bake according to instructions on the package (about 8 minutes), remove from oven, and let cool. Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting:

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3 3/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, then vanilla. Makes more than enough to ice 24 cinnamon roll cupcakes.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment