Tuesday, April 3, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

So I've never actually liked white chocolate macadamia nut cookies because I don't like white chocolate... Or at least I thought I didn't like white chocolate... You see, all my life I had been trying Nestle's white chocolate chips. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Nestle. However, I HATE their white chocolate chips! They taste fake to me. But this weekend, I had my heart set on making white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for a hawaiian themed memorial service. I therefore decided to try Ghirardelli's white chocolate chips... If they cost more, they should test better, right? RIGHT!! I like Ghirardelli's white chocolate chips! And since their chips were so good, I figured their cookies would be good, too... I followed the recepie right on the back of the bag! YUM!


GHIRARDELLI MACADAMIA WHITE CHIP COOKIES
(actually does yield about 5 dozen cookies)
1 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, room temp
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 c. (one 11 oz bag) Ghirardelli Classic White Chips
1 1/2 c. Macadamia nuts, chopped (I definitely used 2 c.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in white chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Seriously! YUM! And for the nut-free folks... These are still amazing without the macadamia nuts!

Happy baking!

1 comment: