Thursday, April 14, 2011

Used Utensils Can

So one pet peeve I have with my students is that they leave their belongings in my classroom on a daily basis. At least one student per period leaves their writing utensil on or under the table. Normally, at the end of the day, I toss the used writing utensils (I know! I know! It's aweful!). Today I decided to do something more productive with these ditched belongings... I made a "Used Utensils" Can! Now, whenever my irresponsible forgetful students leave writing utensils (pens, pencils, erasers, highlighters, colored pencils) in my classroom, I can add them to this can. Then, when my equally irresponsible forgetful students don't have a writing utensil, they can borrow a used one! It's a win, win!


And! On an even happier note... Spring Break starts tomorrow! Yay! All my students keep asking what I plan to do over Spring Break... my response: "sleep and craft!" Happy crafting all!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment